Monday, October 24, 2005

Kasparov Divided by 20

And that's how the modest FIDE champion, Veselin Topalov, described himself to the New York Times.

On his preparations for his black games:
As black I got stable positions . . . For me, the most important thing was that I did not get inferior positions as black.
As for a match with Kramnik, I believe Topa is right to decline it. Man on man matches are relics of the past. Their continued practice only serve to perpetuate the problem of disunity. A true world championship for the 21st century shouldn't be the exclusive contest of the two noisiest players and their financiers. The San Luis experiment is partly the way to go.

1 comment:

NoviceProgrammer said...

Hey buddy, I think you better enable word verification...to avoid spam messages...

Well Topalov is being modest, he played brilliantly all through. Its unfortunate that Anand was not in the best of forms...

Personally I think a one on one is not dead...it can make for exciting chess...or we need to have more than 2 rounds. A win here or there makes way too much difference...just like a loss can..

So in that sense, I still dont mind one on one..