Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Caoili Beats Civin

This morning, Arianne Caoili turned up late for her game. Apparently, she took the wrong turn somewhere and got lost. Not a good start I thought. At some point, when her game had finally got going, it seemed to me that she was in a slightly worse position. Civin managed to plant a pawn on d6.

But, a couple of hours later, I was quite surprised to hear of the result. Civin - Caoili, 0-1. I must admit, I was gobsmacked. After that terrible performance in Brisbane, it seems that this WIM is finally finding her form again.

And what a downer for GM Rogers? Today he lost to German visitor, Michael Geveke. After the post-mortem, the Aussie grandmaster amused himself by helping solve a 4000-piece jigsaw puzzle. I feel for him. I lost too!

No comments: