Thursday, November 07, 2013

Man in the Red Beret: Jude Acers

I first heard the name Jude Acers back in 2005 when hurricane Katrina struck New Orleans. Several US blogs I used to follow reported him missing. Thankfully, he later surfaced perfectly healthy, if I recall right. At the time I wondered who he was but it turned out that Mr Acers was one of these prominent and at the same time quirky characters in the American chess scene. So I suppose it is only to be expected that sooner or later somebody would film a doco on him. That is what this Kickstarter campaign is all about.

You can watch the video and/or head over to the Kickstarter page to read all the key details. And well done to the film-makers, as well as to the backers, it looks like they even managed to exceed their target by a good amount.


No comments: